People like to have lists because it puts everything they need to know in one place. Anytime we find a good list of tips for leaders, we like to share them. Here are 10 approaches to challenges in leadership, posted on Leadership Freak:
10 Approaches to Challenges in Leadership
The purpose of leadership is to identify and create the future. If you want to lead, go somewhere and take someone with you.
The challenge of leadership is helping people keep up. You are ahead. If you aren’t ahead you aren’t leading.
- Embrace dissatisfaction and discontent with optimism. Nothing gets done without optimism – the belief it can get done.
- Define and explain the future in relevant language. Passion ignites when others own the future for themselves.
- Find alignment of purpose between individuals and organizations.
- Constantly explore change with openness and skepticism. “Will this advance the agenda?” Doug Conant.
- Persistently push forward while celebrating past success – balance dissatisfaction with satisfaction. Many never move beyond dissatisfaction.