Development Dimensions International (DDI) a respected, global talent management company recently published their Global Leadership Forecast 2011. This report is one of the largest leadership studies of it’s kind, with more than 2,600 participating organizations. The research provides some interesting perspectives on thecurrent state of leadership and future leadership needs. Specifically, the report looked to uncover the answers to the following questions:
- What is the overall quality of leadership in organizations today? How does it compare to previous years?
- Do organizations have a sufficient supply of capable leaders to meet tomorrow’s business challenges?
- What can HR professionals do to revolutionize the development of their leaders?
- Is it time to radically innovate not only products and business models, but also the very way we manage?
- What impact can we have by moving the needle on leadership quality?
The research defined a leaders as “someone who manages the performance or responsibilities of individuals in an organization.”
This research study produced interesting findings I have extracted some of the research findings I found interesting, those that stood out and caught my attention.
Effective Leadership Matters
- The research demonstrated that organizations with the highest quality leaders were 13 times more likely to outperform their competition in key bottom-line metrics such as financial performance, quality of products and services, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Leaders who reported that their organization’s current leadership quality as poor, only 6% of them were in organizations that outperformed their competition.
- Organizations with higher quality leadership were up to three times more likely to retain more employees than their competition. by GEORGE AMBLER